Summer School 2022 – Plant cell walls
Plant cell walls in development, plant-microbe interactions and for the bioeconom
June 19-25, 2022 – Versailles (France)
The study of the cell wall is an important research frontier in plant biology. Over the past decade, the field has seen major technological and conceptual advances. In addition, the study of cell wall structure and metabolism has become an integral part of the research on plant development and the adaptation to abiotic and biotic stresses. A better knowledge of the cell wall is also essential for the optimization of lignocellulosic biomass processing procedures in the framework of the emerging bioeconomy.
This SPS Summer School 2022 is a one-week program for outstanding and enthusiastic PhD students and young post-docs. It will provide them with an introduction in chemistry, biophysics, molecular and cell biology in relation to the plant cell wall.
This Summer School will bring together up to 18 participants from all over the world and offer them the chance to receive scientific training in an international and rather informal atmosphere, facilitating exchanges. This course will involve theoretical lectures delivered by world-class experts and hands on practical courses on state of the art technologies.
The SPS Summer School 2022 on Plant cell walls is limited to 18 participants.
> For the successful applicants, Saclay Plant Sciences WILL cover the following costs:
– the scientific program from Sunday June 19th (3 PM) to Friday June 24th (7 PM)
– a tour of the Versailles Castle on Saturday June 25th morning
– housing from Sunday June 19th to Saturday June 25th (6 nights) at the “Hôtel du Berry”
– lunches and coffee-breaks from Monday June 20th to Friday June 24th
– dinners of Sunday June 19th, Monday June 20th, Tuesday June 21th and Thursday June 23th
> Saclay Plant Sciences WILL NOT cover the following costs:
– transports (from your lab to the Summer School location, bus tickets from the hotel in Versailles to the INRAE Center)
– lunches of Sunday June 19th and Saturday June 25th
– dinners of Wednesday June 22th and Friday June 24th
– protection masks if they are necessary due to the Covid health situation
During the Summer School, the successful participants will have to present their research:
– in a flash-talk (2 to 3 Powerpoint slides, 5 min maximum).
– in a poster.
Moreover, for your information, a hosting agreement will have to be signed between the host laboratory of each successful participant and IJPB (the laboratory in which the Summer School will take place, in particular the hands-on workshops).
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the organizers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the Summer school if necessary, or to ask for any Covid-19 vaccination/test document in accordance with the rules of our institutions at the time of the Summer School.
Applications will be accepted until March 1st, 2022 (midnight).