This award is for an outstanding “young” plant pathologist based on evaluation of his/her research. Nominees must have received their doctoral (PhD) degree within a ten (10) year period immediately preceding January 1st of the year in which the award is bestowed.
A nominee must:
- Be a member of the SASPP society for at least five years.
- Have published original research of high quality, as judged by normal international standards.
- Guidelines include ISI metrics such as the H-index.
- Nominations should come from senior members of the SASPP society.
- The award consists of a plaque and is presented at the biennial conference.
Required with application:
- An up to date curriculum vitae of the candidate.
- Reprints and/or https://doi.org/ link of the candidate’s most significant papers.
- A letter from the nominator that clearly outlines the nominee’s merits.
- Any relevant supporting documentation.