The Christiaan Hendrik Persoon Medal is the most prestigious award of the SASPP society made to members unequivocally known as world-leaders in the field of Plant Pathology. It recognises the highest levels of achievement in the field as judged by international standards.
A nominee must:
- Be recognised as a global leader in Plant Pathology.
- Have served and promoted the interests of the SASPP society.
- Be a long-standing and highly recognised member of the SASPP society.
- Any member of the SASPP society may nominate a candidate for the award.
- The award is bestowed not more often than once every four (4) years.
- The award includes an engraved medal with a gold content determined by the SASPP council.
Required with application:
- Documentary evidence and application signed by not less than ten (10) senior members of the SASPP, including Fellows and past recipients of the award.